Welcome - Please Read

Welcome. I wanted to provide stripboard layouts I've made to help people new to electronics and even the more experienced get into different aspects of electronics.

I verify the layouts before I post them.

My Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/StripboardLayouts - Please Add For Updates!
My Twitter Thing: @InSonicBloom

Thursday 26 September 2013

Adjustable Pocket Power Supply Stripboard Veroboard Layout

This is something I've been meaning to make for quite a while.

Basically the idea was that should you go around charity shops, car boot sales, yard sales, thrift stores and other such places it would be nice to have a power supply capable of giving you various voltages to check if things you are potentially going to buy actually work. the resistors are selected for 3 volts, 5 volts, 9 volts and 12 volts and you may notice that the resistor values (R2, R3, R4 and R5) are very specific and in some cases not available - these values are due to not being able to alter R1 when you switch the voltage.  

there are 2 ways to get around this

1.add resistors in series or parallel eg. for R5 I put 2K and a 68r resistor in series and that was near enough to get me my 12 volt output

OR..

2. use 5K/4.7K trimpots and calibrate with your DMM - using that method you can of course easily set it for voltages you think you will need the most.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete